Silk scarf " Ginger flowers" you can see all process from sketch to ready silk scarf.


 This is ready silk scarf. Combination of  grey-blue background and bright magenta flowers makes scarf a very elegant accessory .

Here is ready silk scarf. After I finish a painting I leave silk scarf for few days for "rest". And than I steam scarf to fix  silk dyes. After steaming silk became very shiny and bright.

Next step  I transfer my drawing on silk .  I use a very transparent silk . I put my sketch under silk and painte a contours with water based resist ( I like Dupont or Jacquard ) . I use a special tool and I will show it in my next post. When contours is dry I start work with silk dyes.

 First I paint a sketch on paper. Usually I just paint details  without any composition , only details. Here you can see Ginger flowers . 
https://www.etsy.com/listing/560550877/gray-silk-scarf-hand-dyed-gift-for-mom?ref=shop_home_active_4

Comments

Popular Posts